Wednesday, June 6, 2012

TSN: Yesterday, I went to a piano bar.

(TSN stands for Try Something New and it's one of the things that is always on my bucket list. Whenever I try something new that I want to share with you, I'll post it with the TSN header and tag.)

I had Monday and Tuesday off of work this week because I'm going to be working through the weekend and so, last night (Tuesday night) I spent some time with my friends Brandon and Sarah because I won't be able to see them much this summer.

Brandon was hungry (as he always is) and so we stopped at Fazoli's first to grab some food. We talked a bit about what we could do and eventually just decided to get in the car and drive around until we figured out what kind of adventure we wanted to have.

Me being the tech-savvy person that I claim to be, got out my iPhone and started doing some searches until I eventually came across a website that mentioned a few comedy clubs and jazz clubs down town. I remembered then that my dad had recommended that I try out this place downtown called "Howl at the Moon." I asked Brandon and Sarah how they felt about a dueling piano bar and we decided to go and check it out. So, we all went home to change into a little bit nicer attire and then headed downtown.

On our way there, we decided to come up with fake names and background stories in case anyone spoke to us at the bar and decided to just be different people tonight. Of course, no one actually spoke to us, but it was still fun to just kind of forget who you are for a night.

HatM was not what we were expecting at all, but we all still had a really good time. I think we'd all had this idea in our head that it was going to be a laid-back, dark, place with two pianos playing quietly in the background, but when we walked in, the piano player was actually playing "Poker Face" by Lady GaGa quite loudly and there were actually a lot of people around. It wasn't a bad experience, just not what we were expecting.

While we were there, we decided to watch the other people in the bar and try and figure out what their names were and what their lives were like and before we knew it, an hour and a half had passed and we were still watching these people and trying to figure out who they were. It was actually one of the best bar experiences I think I've ever had... and I've had quite a few memorable bar experiences as any of my friends from school will tell you.

All in all, the experience was really great. It got me out and about and I got to spend time with two people whom I deeply appreciate.

Until next time,

Aaron x

No comments:

Post a Comment